Thursday, December 31, 2009
As usual at the end of every year, I sit alone with myself to make my amends.
State my good deeds, my faults and flaws (which are more all the time), new friends I've made, people I've lost, and events taking place around me.
And so I came up with the the conclusion that 2009 was my worst year ever when it comes for my career and dreams!
All my achievements were temporary consumerism which provided me temporary happiness and satisfaction!
- I made lots of shopping, consumed lots of materialistic things.
- Lost lots of people and discovered the real monstrous and deceitful faces of others.
- Lost contact nearly with my best friend ever Fatema (and now I know nearly nothing about her!) as she don't answer back any of my msgs or phone calls and moved to a new place which I know nothing about!
- Got fired from my work in the most humiliating way ever, after a very mean conspiracy behind my back to kick me out as soon as possible.
- Worked with many double-faced people, social and position climbers, and Ass kissers!
- Lost my self-esteem and got nothing to boost my ego.
- Can't trust myself to write again or search for a job or a place to write, I;m not sure I'll be good!
- Did not conceive a baby yet (the thing that I'm not worried about, but this year it's been very stressful with all the picky and curious people asking about the reasons and demanding we should have one!!!), and I don't like people taking control of my life and my decisions and after all God's will.
- Lost my favorite and expensive Benetton wallet somewhere:(
- gained weight and couldn't keep on dieting.
So after all of that mess... I can't stop but hope that 2010 will be better InshaAllah, and the best thing that every new year I gain some new and good friends indeed (not be totally unfair to 2009).
I'd like to thank those who stood by me in my toughest time without even asking, judging me, or even knowing me that much.... Sonia, Muhammad Labib, Mayada, and Deco.... thanks people for standing by my side and caring, and thanks for giving me the best times and outings:)
It seems that I hate odd numbers... so 2010 is a time to make everything even and to start searching for my lost self again.
Let the quest begin...
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I decided at the beginning of 2009, that I won't let that year pass without finishing at least 30 books, and hell why not, or that was my plan back last January, but I found out at the end of December that I couldn't make it sorrowfully!
I've just finished my 12th book and it was Stephen King's creepy (Duma Key). It took me three months just to finish this particular one with its 800 pages that's full of frightening and breath taking details that gave me a lot of goosebumps for so many nights.
Throughout the whole year I've gotten to finish those 12 books in addition to my regular full-time work back then, my all-time full-time housework, and going out for shopping, dining, visiting friends and relatives, but still that won't make it up for me though!
I'll make it one of my top priorities this year that InshaAllah I'll finish at least 30 books by the end of 2010.
Now that I've quit my full-time job, I've got no excuse!
It always feels good to make yourself a good ambiance while reading, not including the toilet of course, but in winter it's always good to have a comfy couch or bed, a heavy soft blanket, along with a herbal hot drink or ur favorite cup of Hot chocolate.
I'll leave you with the Novels and Books I finished, thanks God, this year,
1- The Lodging House AKA (Wekalet Atteya) by Khairy Shalaby.
2- Utopia by Ahmed Khaled Tawfik.
3- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.
4- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer.
5 - The Big Four by Agatha Christie.
6- The Spot of Light AKA (Noqtet Al Noor) by Bahaa Taher.
7- The fate of a cockroach AKA (Maseer Sorsar) by Tawfik Al Hakim.
8- The Companions of the Cave AKA (Ahl El-Kahf) by Tawfik Al Hakim.
9- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.
10- The Beggar AKA (Al Shahath) by Naguib Mahfouz.
11-Taxi by Khaled El Khamisy.
12- Duma Key by Stephen King.
I know I get to watch movies more than I read books, but that somehow makes a balance.
So Now I'm preparing the new list of books in 2010, will make a budget, then head to my favourite shopping destinations ever...bookstores.. so wish me luck:)
P.S. About the (Book Review Cozy Corner), it's gonna be active in 2010, also you can find all the stated books covers down on the right side when you scroll.