Sunday, May 20, 2007

This is getting too much!!!


"This is getting tooo much" that's what Mr. Kamal, my Boss and the head of the English Department in the website I'm working in, said to me the moment I arrived today at work.
"Mariam you arrived late today AGAIN, and This is getting too much. Selma is not here and Nermine is not here. You've got to be here ON TIME".
Actually I felt very embarrassed, I've never been spoken to like this before. I'm ashamed of the whole situation.
Everyday I think what makes me actually bear this?!
I always had a problem with my attendance, and the evaluation of my training period the last 4 months in the English Department showed that I'm very poor in showing up on time and I didn't get good marks in following the Administration rules (Which I don't know what they are till now!!).
I've never been humiliated in such a way, and that's why I HATE work, I hate being bossed over, I hate being a possession for a company or a human being.
I love to write, to invent, to be creative, I love to be freeeee as a bird. Writing needs no boundaries, No Attendance, No force… It needs a mind, an open mind, not a closed, unorganized, stuffed one…!!!
I hope that day would come, when I can be the boss of myself.
I shall write and write and write… till the last day of my life.
I shall stop doing the stupid routine and administrative work I used to do… VIVA CREATIVITY.

But as for now, I have to work Hard, I have to Attend on Time, I have to prove myself because I believe deep inside myself that I'm good… really good.
It's all for the CAREER and for the MONEY…!!!
Something that'll support ur CV and the other will support ur needs, ur home, and ur life..!!!
Oh my God… This is really getting too much for meee.

8 comments:

Rousha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rousha said...

Mariam.. Rasha speaking, I am the assitant of Mr. Kamal, your boss!

To be frank, I could not find words to express my feeling when I read your letter to my boss...

But what I can say is that CREATIVITY is behind people, no one can control it, SO Be that creative person who is really
"RESPOSE- ABLE"


Be Sure that Mr. Kamal doesnot aim at stoppin your creativity, but he is doing his work as " The Carer" of the site...


Again... WE( YOU , I , & Mr. Kamal) are in the same box... seaching 4 the creativity but each on his own way

Rousha

one of IOLers

مُصْعَب إِبْرَاهِيم said...

wooooooooooooow


nice post,

coz i feel it toooo :)

i wrote a post with the same meaning before :
بأطالب تحليل DSL!!

Nonnosh said...

Dear Mariam,

This is Noha Ayman (nonnosh), you that i adore your way of writing and expressing your self. We ba3deen it's obvious that we are all slaves in this life to our needs and desires.
Bas elsara7a ra7a ya ro7y wenta mabte3ra.....
Hoa ya3ni tab3ek wala hateshtereeh, allah yer7am 2ayma elkolia we elmadrasa. I can't remember that you ever showed up on time.
We ba3deen who know mesh yemken in the future teb2i the owner of your won site we tefenny feeh zay ma enty 3ayza ;)

Breathe said...

You know who I am so I'm not gonna introduce myself :)

We have talked about this - I believe extensively too!

You know my opinion, I can see your point of view and I mostly agree with you. But like I said before, you have to be fair and see the other point of view as well.

It doesn't make sense that if you come 30 minutes late you get a fine but if you stay a couple of hours late you get no praise. I totally agree with that. Especially in our line of work as well.

But on the other hand, this is the nature of work. In the working world, there is a time that you should show up at the office. That's it. There has to be a system in place and your boss is just enforcing that system because that is HIS job.

I know your situation and I know it's not easy. But that is the nature of our life. It's not meant to be easy, especially living here in Egypt! The one thing I can say to you is that your work is a very important and integral part of your life. Try to give it its rights like the other parts. And its must basic right is to show up on time.

Lets always try to focus on the good rather than the bad. When you do, you'll know that where we work is much better than other places. :)

Good luck Mariam! Remember we're in the same boat together ;)

علي عبد المنعم said...

I don't agree with you what you wrote Mariam for 2 main reasons:

1- I can say that "routine" doesn't "clash" with being creative.. many creators in our Media field like "Heikal" for instance was going to work (On Time, or before it) every day for 25 years!!!

2- Being free to come the time you like doesn't suit the tybe of our work, imagine all the writers have the same freedom, who will cover the "Breaking News" which happen while they're sleeping.. there must be work shifts, all the day long, unfortunatley... THIS IS THE WAY MEDIA WORKS...

MariumaZ said...

I'm not talking about the News Desk here nor I'm talking about jOURNALISM by any means.

I'm just talking about free writing. Those who write books and are novelists dear Ali, don't go to work everyday at a certain time and leave at a certain time to finish a book. It comes by inspiration, and that's what I mean. I didn't mean working to earn a living coz as Mohammad Yehia said this is how work goes everywhere in the world.

That's what I wish in my life ... Free writing .. and of course earning a good living by free writing:)

Silly Ellie Thinking Outloud said...

Salam Maryouma,

I had the same problem, Well I'm still having the same problem;)
So I cant give you much of an advice down here.
but all that i know is that there are two types of people:

1. Executive people who knows how to DO stuff and they are time keepers and have the ability to do things the right way in the right time.
2. Creative people who are like artists like to be free, not to be bound with schedules, responsibilities and stuff of this sort.

The problem here is that creative people like you and I should have an honorable job where our creativity is respected and just set around to come up with the most creative ideas on this planet so that other people would execute them.

Don’t give up hope, we'll find a boss who will appreciate our creativity InshaaAllah ;)

- Silly Ellie