Sunday, May 6, 2007

To Blog or not To Blog!!


Why everybody blog nowadays… Do people have something to say, chit chat, kill their spare time, or they're just following the craze?!
My cousins, my friends, my work colleagues, college and school old mates … all of those have their personal blogs from about a year or more, but not all of them get responses or even care to update and put new topics or even pics..!!!
That's what I noticed the most.
Many make blogs, but rarely are they devoted to it.
They're just so obsessed by a slogan or a quote they'd like to put online (Oh, that's absolutely a cool motto!)as they think, and then comes the choice of a blog's name which is the easiest part.
Just bring a large list of singers and music groups (inspirational ones like Pink Floyd, Nirvana, The cranberries… etc) and then go through their songs and musical lyrics and you sure will find millions of names to put.

Actually that's what I've tried as a beginning, but I found nearly all the names of my favorite songs and lyrics taken and not available.
The thing that annoyed me the most was when I checked these blogs online and found nearly either no posts, small number of posts, very very old posts (from 2004 or 2005)…. So these people just took the name and didn't make any use out of it...
They Just took the surface not the core!!!

So Awkward actually from those who are supposed to say something … Have people lost interest in writing even on the PC?!!
Have they become so empty?
Are they soooooo busy and life is moving very fast?!
Has their life became just crap and the same things go on and on daily, just a damn boring routine?!
Actually I thought about all of these things before taking the decision of having a blog… and I decided I should take the risk… I asked myself many times that eternal question … Shall I start today, may be tomorrow, maybe next month…
Actually I'll start now… I took that promise on myself and now (Immediately!!!) I will start…

To Blog or not To Blog … That's the question!
And I chose to Blog!

3 comments:

مُصْعَب إِبْرَاهِيم said...

Well first of all welcome to this world for the second time..

second I disagree with the question (even it seems so cool, to b or not to b; b for blog I mean :))

Blogging isn't a purpose, isn't a goal itself

it is a means of achieving some goals

my be spare time filling, may be ideology promoting or any other goal
serious or silly but still blogging itself is not a goal

i think the right question is Why to blog or not blog?!!

علي عبد المنعم said...

I think Blogging became a "3adwa", just as many things in our Egyptian society, when a mobile store achieves some success, then you'll find 10 mobile stores at the same street, when ma7l (3aseer 2asb) yorza2 bi some thirsty people, then millions of "2asb" stores will conquer your street, it's a matter of "3adwa", it doesn't relate to the bloggers or the blogging, it relates to the PEOPLE themselves, they like to be named and called as "bloggers", no matter they will blog anymore or not, we 2000 salam we ta7ya

مُصْعَب إِبْرَاهِيم said...

hellooo...

anybody here?!!!

knock knock


we are waiting Mariam...